Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Anne Hathaway on James Franco Oscar Dis

Anne Hathaway on James Franco Oscar Dis

Anne Hathaway and James Franco got mixed reviews when they hosted this year's Academy Awards, which didn't bother Hathaway. What did bother the actress was when Franco later tried to put the blame on her! In a new interview with Harper's Bazaar, Hathaway responds to the Oscar aftermath, and talks about preparing for her purr-fect new role in the new Batman film, The Dark Knight Rises.

Hathaway, 28, was watching back in April when Franco talked to David Letterman about his poor Oscar reviews. Franco, 33, insisted that he wasn't stoned or sleepy; he just suffered in comparison to Hathaway's bubbly personality.

"I love her, but Anne Hathaway is very energetic," said the 127 Hours actor. "I think the Tasmanian Devil would look stoned standing next to her."

In the interview with Harper's, Hathaway admits that she had a few words with Franco after that colorful exchange. "I let James know that a whirling dervish is a more flattering comparison than a Tasmanian devil," she recalls. "I called him, and we e-mailed a bit."

Still, she insists that she has zero regrets about hosting the Academy Awards, critics be damned. "In the grand scheme of things, I got to have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity," she raves. "I met great people, wore beautiful clothes. And I got to put on a show. I don't see a downside. Anyone who disliked my personality probably disliked my personality before the Oscars."

Fair enough! But Hathaway hasn't always been so comfortable with being disliked. She confesses that her habit of "people pleasing" became unhealthy in her relationship with Raffaello Follieri, the ex-boyfriend who is now serving jail time for money laundering and fraud.

"There's something very addictive about people pleasing," she admits. "It's a thought pattern and a habit that feels really, really good until it becomes desperate. It's one of the reasons that relationship ended... I think a lot of girls have that story. It's a big moment when you step away from that and say, 'I'm going to be exactly who I am. And I'm going to be brave enough to only be with someone who wants me the way I am.'"

She says her relationship with current boyfriend Adam Schulman is much more comfortable, which "doesn't always make for a good story, but it makes for a good life."

And speaking of the good life, Hathaway is busy getting in tip-top shape for one of the highest-profile roles of her career: playing Selina Kyle and her alter-ego Catwoman in the upcoming Batman film The Dark Knight Rises. Her preparation includes stunt training, intense exercise and 90 minutes of dance -- five days a week.

"I've always thought that skinny was the goal, but with this job I also have to be strong," says Hathaway -- who is clearly a strong woman, in more ways than one.

Anne Hathaway's newest film, the romantic dramedy One Day, opens in limited release July 8.

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/anne-hathaway-james-franco-oscar-dis/1-a-360777

Emma Stone Emma Watson Emmanuelle Chriqui Emmanuelle Vaugier Emmy Rossum

No comments:

Post a Comment