Monday, June 27, 2011

Julianne Moore Never Feels Confident on Red Carpet

Julianne Moore Never Feels Confident on Red Carpet

Julianne Moore has appeared on countless "best dressed" lists over the past two decades -- and yet she still gets palpitations when she hits the red carpet! Moore, 50, has admitted to Health magazine that she gets nervous when she goes to a big event, and she says she's not alone.

"I never feel confident!" Moore confesses in the interview. "I don't know that there's anybody who does. I mean, you don't look around the red carpet thinking, There’s a lot of confident people out here."

Um, you don't? Guess that carpet looks different when you're in the the middle of it! Or maybe it's just that Moore has maintained her humility better than most Hollywood stars. When asked about her amazingly youthful appearance, the Crazy, Stupid, Love. actress says she benefits from no longer being compared to younger actresses.

"Let me tell you something: The big thing about being 50 is the bar is much lower. People are like, 'Oh my God, you look great!' So that's sort of good," laughs Moore, who has gone without plastic surgery. "I have very strong hair, that's just genetics. And I credit my mother for keeping us out of the sun."

As for her body confidence in those many nude scenes, Moore says it doesn't always carry over into real life.

"Look, I think we're all neurotic," she levels. "I mean, you know, to be totally honest, I just came back from vacation, where I was at a breakfast buffet, and I'd eat pastry after pastry after pastry. So as a consequence, today when I have this photo shoot, I'm like a few pounds over what I'd like to be, and I'm just like, 'Oh, crap.' So yeah, I do think about that kind of stuff. But I try to keep things in perspective somewhat, too."

Part of keeping that perspective is passing on healthy habits to her kids: Caleb, 13, and Liv, 9. She says her efforts to balance healthy foods with treats have worked well so far -- perhaps too well!

"Both of my kids are really active, and they're good eaters, the kind of kids who will take an ice cream cone and say, 'I'm finished,' and throw it away," she says. "I'm like, 'I'll eat that.' That's my problem!"

Moore's newest film, Crazy, Stupid, Love with Steve Carell and Ryan Gosling, opens July 29.

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/julianne-moore-never-feels-confident-red-carpet/1-a-360674

Amy Cobb Amy Smart Ana Beatriz Barros Ana Hickmann

No comments:

Post a Comment