Sunday, August 28, 2011

Solange Knowles Battles Miami Police Discrimination

No longer willing to bite her tongue when it comes to what she feels is a clear abuse of power, Solange Knowles voiced her disapproval with the way that police in Miami, Florida conduct themselves.

Taking to Twitter to post a series of late night, anger-filled messages, the 25-year-old began her venting session by writing, "I have literally had my last leg with discriminating police! Miami police department will be notified."

The upsetness stemmed from an incident in which Miss Knowles claimed to have been threatened by an officer who drew a weapon on her for "no reason."

She explained, "A police officer just pulled a weapon on me.... I have done NOTHING illegal, against the law, or anything of the sort."

Solange continued, "I am simply tired of police using arrogance, ego and authority as an offense. I'm only tweeting this to raise awareness. I could have left quietly, but I am sick & tired of this scenario being played over & over again."

The "I Decided" singer concluded by tweeting, "I'm ok. I'm safe & sound at my apartment. I'm just beyond frustrated with the system. Been on the phone for the last 20 minutes reporting this incident. Yes, I have the officers name. Yes, I have the location. Scare tactics don't WORK."

Source: http://celebrity-gossip.net/solange-knowles/solange-knowles-battles-miami-police-discrimination-537484

Amerie Amy Cobb Amy Smart Ana Beatriz Barros Ana Hickmann

No comments:

Post a Comment