Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Cobie Smulders on How I Met Your Mother Season Finale, The Avengers

Cobie Smulders on How I Met Your Mother Season Finale, The Avengers

Fans of CBS' hit show How I Met Your Mother are counting down the days until the May 14 season finale. We already know the highly anticipated episode will feature Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) getting married, but the bride's identity remains a mystery. Of course, there's a chance the woman in white will be Cobie Smulders' character Robin (Barney's ex-girlfriend) -- but the actress is sworn to secrecy. "I can't really reveal much, but I can say that it's going to be a big episode," Smulders, 30, tells iVillage exclusively. "And it's a big reveal."

In addition to the eagerly anticipated finale, Smulders also has an even more eagerly anticipated movie coming up. The Canadian actress -- who has a daughter Shaelyn, almost 3, with her fiance, Saturday Night Live's Taran Killam -- stars alongside a team of A-listers (Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson, Samuel L. Jackson) in the superhero blockbuster The Avengers (in theaters May 4). When iVillage caught up with Smulders, she admitted she was nervous to work with her famous costars, dished about HIMYM and let us in on her wedding plans.

The Avengers is such a huge movie. What was it like to be a part of it?
It was everything you could imagine and more. It was incredible. You know, it was one of the first movies or projects I've ever seen that I was in that I was able to sit back and actually enjoy it -- not break it down and figure out like which take they used. It was such a good movie that I was able to be an audience member.

It's such a star-studded cast. Was there anyone you were nervous to work with?
Yeah, I mean, I was both nervous and excited to work with pretty much everyone in the film. I was really nervous to work with Robert Downey because I think he's a genius. And he's Iron Man, you know!

So, what was he like in real life?
He was awesome. He sort of took the role of group leader a lot of the times, and he was very welcoming.

If you could have a superpower, which one would you pick?
I'm doing so much travel right now, I would love to fly myself. I'd love to not have to go through immigration ever again.

Can you give us any clues about the upcoming season finale of How I Met Your Mother?
I can't really reveal much, but I can say that it's going to be a big episode. And it's a big reveal.

Will it be a big shocker?
I don't know if it'll be a shocker. But our writers are so good at what they do. They've just figured out a great ending to tie it all together. I think people will be pretty happy.

I love your character's pop-star alter ego, Robin Sparkles. Will we get to see any more from her?
I hope so! We're going into our last season, and I feel like they're going to bring her back somehow. But I don't know how they're going to do it. I don't think they can just discover another video accidentally online. So I think they're going to have to come up with some really inventive way to find another video -- or maybe do a performance now.

The characters on the show are all so different. Which actor do you think is most like the character they play?
I would say Alyson (Hannigan) now because she is actually pregnant. So she's probably literally the closest to how her character is.

There's a hilarious video out there of your fiance, Taran Killam, dancing to Robyn's "Call Your Girlfriend." What did you think when you first saw that?
My first thought -- and this is why I'm the one in a relationship with him -- I was like, "Oh my god, it's so late! Go to sleep!" It's 5 a.m. on Thursday, and I was like, "Oh darling!" My heart went out to him. I mean, it was awesome. He's a very good dancer, and he's very musically talented. But my first thought was like, "You need to get some rest. I can see it in your eyes how tired you are."

He’s obviously a very funny guy. Did he use his sense of humor to win you over?
Oh yeah, it was definitely one of those things that attracted me to him.

How's the wedding planning going?
We're planning to get married this year, but we're still piecing it all together. We're both really busy right now, so we're trying to find time to plan.

You have a 2-year-old daughter, Shaelyn, together. How does she take after both of you?
I just see her as her own person. Other than her eyes, which I think are mine. But she's a very independent child -- she's like her own creature.

Mother's Day is coming up. What did your mom teach you?
Oh my goodness. I've learned to laugh at myself. Yeah...the ability to laugh at myself.

Ali Gray is iVillage's Senior Associate Entertainment Editor. Follow her on Twitter: @thealigray

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/cobie-smulders-how-i-met-your-mother-season-finale-avengers/1-a-448311

Vanessa Minnillo Vanessa Simmons Veronica Kay Veronika Vaeková Victoria Beckham

No comments:

Post a Comment