Thursday, December 29, 2011

Sandra Bullock: I Felt "Permanently Broken" After My Divorce

Sandra Bullock: I Felt "Permanently Broken" After My Divorce

Sandra Bullock says she was so devastated after her 2010 divorce from Jesse James that she wasn't sure she'd be able to act again.

"I was perfectly content to be permanently broken," Bullock, 47, tells the Associated Press.

Despite her Academy Award win in early 2010 for The Blind Side, Bullock wasn't sure she was up for returning to the big screen.

"I honestly didn't think I was in a place where I wanted to work or wanted to step out of where I was. ... I wasn't prepared. But the opportunity was louder than my head."

She's referring to the chance to star in the adaptation of Jonathan Safran Foer's emotional post-9/11 drama Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. Director Stephen Daldry (who helmed The Hours and The Reader) personally asked Bullock to play the role of a widowed mother grieving the loss of her husband (Tom Hanks) in the Twin Towers.

"We had a great time. It's no longer 'selfish actress' in the moment," she says. "I wanted to have an amazing time with him and, fortunately, Mr. Daldry presented it. In every possible way, it was the best!"

Daldry says he pursued Bullock for the role, because he knew she was the right actress to play the key supporting part.

"I needed a partner in the project, somebody that would be a leading lady and look after me, look after herself, look after the character, look after the kid and look after the creation of the whole process," says Daldry. "Sandy was literally like a partner on it for me. We would write and rewrite and focus down."

 

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/sandra-bullock-i-felt-permanently-broken-after-my-divorce/1-a-414044

Adrianne Palicki Aisha Tyler Aki Ross Alecia Elliott Alessandra Ambrosio

No comments:

Post a Comment