Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Adele Flips the Middle Finger at BRIT Awards

Adele Flips the Middle Finger at BRIT Awards

Adele may have won some major accolades at the 2012 BRIT Awards in London on Tuesday, but her trophies for best British album and best British female artist aren't what's making headlines.

Instead, people are buzzing about the fact that Adele joined rapper M.I.A. in the elite club of celebrities who've made an offensive gesture during a live telecast.

The 23-year-old singer wasn't done with her acceptance speech for best British album, when host James Corden unexpectedly cut in to introduce the next musical performance.

"I flung the middle finger. That was for the suits at the BRIT Awards, not my fans. I'm sorry if I offended anyone but the suits offended me," the singer explained to the BBC about the incident that was broadcast live.

During the part of her speech that was uninterrupted, Adele expressed her joy at the back-to-back honors of winning at the Grammys and the BRITs.

"Nothing makes me prouder than coming home with six Grammys and then coming to the Brits and winning album of the year. I'm so proud to be British and to be flying our flag."

After Corden interrupted the Tottenham-born soul singer to introduce the indie-rock band Blur, Adele managed to make parting remarks: "Can I just say, then, goodbye and I'll see you next time round?" followed by her raising her middle finger.

Corden, the English comedy star hosting the show, claims he didn't want to cut Adele short.

"I was having the best night of my life and then I had to cut Adele off before she's even had chance to say thank you," Corden told NME. "She's the biggest star in the world. I don't understand what happened but I'm upset about it."

The producers of the BRIT Awards also responded to the incident, taking to Twitter after the show: "We regret this happened & we send deepest apologies to Adele that her big moment was cut short tonight due to the live show over-running. We don't want this to undermine her incredible achievement in winning her incredible award. It tops off what's been an incredible year for her."

Other notable winners at the ceremony included Rihanna for best international female artist, Bruno Mars for best international male artist, Coldplay for best British group and Foo Fighters for best international group. To see the full list of winners, click here.

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/adele-flips-middle-finger-brit-awards/1-a-430655

Michelle Behennah Michelle Branch Michelle Malkin Michelle Obama Michelle Rodriguez

No comments:

Post a Comment