Friday, February 24, 2012

Kim Kardashian Gets Apology from Publicist Who Called Wedding Fake

Kim Kardashian Gets Apology from Publicist Who Called Wedding Fake

Kim Kardashian got a lot of flack for her 72-hour marriage to Kris Humphries -- and now one heckler in particular has been forced to apologize. Jonathan Jaxson, a blogger who claims that he was once Kim's publicist, was taken to court by the reality star after he told the media that her wedding had been staged. On Wednesday, Kardashian, 31, announced that she and Jaxson had reached a confidential settlement; per the terms of their agreement, Jaxson issued a public apology for his earlier statements.

"I wanted to apologize publicly to Kim Kardashian for any confusion that I may have caused by the personal statements I made recently regarding Kim Kardashian," writes Jaxson.

"I would like to further clarify that I did not have any first hand knowledge of Kim's relationship with Kris," the blogger continues. "Any statement I made regarding Kim and her marriage was my opinion only and was not intended to imply first hand knowledge of Kim's thoughts and feelings."

Kim's attorney tells E! that his client is "extremely pleased with the outcome of the matter."

In November 2011, shortly after Kim Kardashian filed for divorce, Jaxson told Good Day L.A. that it was "obvious" that her marriage was all for show.

"There were contracts already in place for E! to film it," Jaxson claimed. "The whole show itself was staged to a T. Everything was written down."

Kardashian responded to the sham-marriage rumors on her personal blog before taking legal action against Jaxson.

"First and foremost, I married for love. I can't believe I even have to defend this," the TV personality wrote. "I would not have spent so much time on something just for a TV show! I share so much of my life on a reality show, that contemplating whether to even film my wedding was a tough decision to make, and maybe it turned out to not be the smartest decision. But it's who I am!"

Interestingly, it turns out that Jaxson may never have been her publicist in the first place. Sources close to Kim told E! in November that Jaxson was just "a blogger she met three times" (although this YouTube video from 2008 proves that they were at least casually friendly with one another). Kardashian's lawyer has also said that Jaxson, who claims that he worked for Kardashian from 2007 to 2009, "was never Ms. Kardashian's publicist."

As of this afternoon, Jaxson's website and Twitter account have both been taken offline.

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/kim-kardashian-gets-apology-publicist-who-called-wedding-fake/1-a-431315

Mena Suvari Mia Kirshner Mía Maestro Michael Michele Michelle Behennah

No comments:

Post a Comment