Monday, January 23, 2012

'Survivor' Winner Ethan Zohn Says He's Getting Better

'Survivor' Winner Ethan Zohn Says He's Getting Better

Ethan Zohn has had a difficult few months, but it looks like his cancer treatment is working. The Grassroots Soccer co-founder has successfully completed three rounds of chemotherapy and his tumors are shrinking.

"I'm responding very well to the drug," he tells People of the new chemo drug SGN-35 "My tumors are reducing. It's not a 100-percent reduction, but my doctor gave me an A-minus so I'll take it." 

The former Survivor champion, 38, discovered in September -- after nearly two years in remission -- that his Hodgkin's lymphoma had returned, but that hasn't stopped him from remaining active. In November he ran the New York City Marathon, and earlier this month he and girlfriend Jenna Morasca completed the Walt Disney World Half Marathon together.

"I'm not going to stop!" he says. "Running, cycling, whatever you want me to do. It's easy and helps builds confidence."

Next up, the Amazing Race veteran will continue with his six-round course of chemotherapy and will hopefully be deemed ready for a stem-cell transplant from one of his brothers. Though he knows which of his siblings is the "match," he's yet to announce the news to his inner circle.

"The holiday season was fun because I was basically taking bets," he says. "All my friends and family were placing bets so I was living a double life as a bookie."

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/survivor-winner-ethan-zohn-says-hes-getting-better/1-a-420665

Sarah Wynter Scarlett Chorvat Scarlett Johansson Selita Ebanks Shakara Ledard

No comments:

Post a Comment